At this point, almost everybody knows what Diamond Painting is and what the hype is about. It is a sparkly artwork that is so fun to work on. But here in this blog, I’m going to let you in a little secret about how you can create your own Diamond Painting canvas using Photoshop!
If you don’t own Photoshop, you can try using Canva, it’s a free online graphic design platform used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents, and other visual content.
Let’s start the process!
How to Create Custom Grid with Photoshop
1. Create a file that is 500x500 pixels in size.
2. Create a line using a rectangle, and the color you use for the rectangle will be the grid color shown on the canvas.
3. Duplicate the rectangle with CTRL+J or CMD+J on Mac and position the rectangle like in the image below.
4. Combine every layer using the Flatten Layers option.
5. Go to Edit > Define Pattern to add the pattern to your list.
How to Create Your Own Diamond Painting with Photoshop
1. Create a new file in Photoshop and enter the dimension that you want for your diamond painting. The sample below, it’s a square image and the dimension is 40 x 40 centimeters (Height x Width).
2. Resize your image to fit the dimensions you want by using the transform tool.
3. Go to Edit > New Fill Layer > Pattern. Choose a pattern that you just created
4. Adjust the pattern size using the percentage to fit the diamond drill size (~3mm).
5. Change the blending option for the pattern layer to Multiply. This will remove the white color, leaving the black grid behind.
6. Adjust the opacity of the grid or artwork if the lines are not visible enough.
7. Your personal Diamond Painting canvas is now ready
Assembling your Diamond Painting
Prepare your Diamond Painting tools
a. Diamond painting pen
b. Applicator Gum
c. Diamond drills
Craft-Ease Custom Diamond Painting
Don’t have the time to do your very own DIY? Head on to our Custom Diamond Painting page and let us do all the work! You just need to upload your preferred image, choose the canvas size that you would like, and then we will deliver it to your home.
If this is your first time trying out Diamond Painting, check out our Diamond Painting guide. We have listed out tips and tricks that might be useful for you when you paint!